You are browsing the "Community" Category →

Get ready. Mishmash 2012 is on its way. Start thinking about how to mess with our high res video, stills and music to make your own short story, video art, music video, ad or mini-documentary....

Read More

In 2009, while going through her family’s storage shed, Rebecca Tillett came across some old photographs and posted them on Flickr. Who knew they would catch our editors’ eyes? With a bit of love, care and...

Read More
Getty Images Music-Man singing into microphone-83673681-Jayme Thornton-Stone-Getty Images

How to create the perfect production audio track

December 8, 2011 | 4 Comments

As VP of Getty Images Music, I see our clients placing millions of dollars of production audio licenses. We’re always looking for more contributing artists, so here are some tips for creating the most perfect production...

Read More
no image

Using imagery to embrace aging

December 1, 2011 | 4 Comments

Editor’s note: The author of this post, Barbara Alper, was named as a 2011 Getty Images Grants for Good finalist.  Her work has appeared in such publications as the New York Times, Time, Newsweek and The...

Read More

We’re always thrilled to hear how nonprofits are using our imagery to craft impactful communications, so it’s no wonder we’re feeling very inspired ourselves over the Discovery Impact: Creating Change program. Each year, Discovery Communications selects...

Read More

When I set out over five years ago to create the film ‘Anaona’, which in Swahili means ‘to believe,’ I wanted to make a different kind of film on Africa. I wanted to celebrate its...

Read More
no image

Eddie Adams Workshop XXIV

October 13, 2011 | 4 Comments

For me, it all clicked while listening to renowned photojournalist Bill Eppridge give a presentation about “decisive moments.” Sitting at the back of an old barn with a few hundred people — seasoned photojournalists, editors,...

Read More
no image

At SpikesAlso, Fostering Talent and Looking Twice

September 27, 2011 | 1 Comments

The brief was simple: there are untold stories to be found everywhere. If you can’t see them, look twice. Capture a moment that makes the mundane beautiful. Last month, Getty Images invited creatives from...

Read More

Photographers and Getty Images contributors Morten Nilsson and Thomas Damgaard contacted me over a year ago to discuss a novel idea. How would we like regional, model-released imagery from a part of the world where...

Read More
no image

Visa pour l’Image

September 1, 2011 | 2 Comments

Bonjour from Visa pour l’Image, the international photojournalism festival held annually in Perpignan, France.  As I write this post, I am surrounded by people of every nationality, speaking every language under the sun  — and...

Read More
no image

AdAge Global Cover Competition

June 16, 2011 | 0 Comments

At Getty Images, it is our goal not only to provide inspiration, but to give our creative community the tools to deliver their own inspiring work. That’s why we were proud to be the image...

Read More

We know imagery is powerful. But when a photographer and communications agency work together to build a campaign for an issue they’re both passionate about, the results can be nothing short of remarkable. This is...

Read More
no image

Services in Memory of Chris Hondros

April 24, 2011 | 2 Comments

Our hearts and prayers continue to be with the loved ones of Chris Hondros during this difficult time, as we all grieve this tremendous loss.  Memorial Services  Memorial services for Chris Hondros in New York are...

Read More
no image

Chris Hondros, friend and colleague

April 20, 2011 | 44 Comments

Editor’s note, April 25, 2011: For information regarding memorial services and The Chris Hondros Fund, please click here. The following is a statement from Getty Images CEO Jonathan Klein, published April 20, 2011. It is with...

Read More